The price is per person, based on twin or triple room occupancy
For single travelers, this tour has a single supplement. This guarantees a single room throughout the tour
Prices are excluding international flights
Single room types are rooms for
single room occupants.
One person will be occupying the hotel room throughout the tour.
Twin room types are rooms set for two people who will occupy one room, but will have two separate beds.
A double room is a room that has one bed for two people to share.
A triple room is one room where three people may share the same room. It has three separate beds.
Small Group Size (Max 24 Guests), Guaranteed Departure, Domestic Airfare Inclusive, Sacred Temples & Monasteries, Irrawaddy River Cruise, Colonial Charms of Yangon, Rustic Horse Cart, Colorful Market, Hilltribe Peoples, Traditional Arts & Culture, Cooking Class, & Deluxe Accommodations
The once mysterious Myanmar has recently opened its doors to international travelers. This beautiful country offers so much to see: resplendent gold temples, rich Buddhist traditions, bustling cities, and fascinating local life. Whether you’re a first-timer or seasoned Myanmar traveler, the Essential Myanmar tour is an excellent way to experience a variety of the country’s best highlights. One of Myanmar’s defining features is its thousands of glittering, golden temples that are often studded with shimmering precious gems. You’ll also see the intricate teak wood carvings at Shwenandaw Kyaung (Golden Palace) Monastery. Venture to Kuthodaw Pagoda, known as ‘the world’s largest book’ and home to over 700 snow white stupas. The solemn atmosphere at these sacred sites is truly inspirational.
Myanmar’s local life and culture are not to be missed. Experience the energy and vibrant colors of Five-Day Market, a traveling market where local hilltribe peoples come to sell their handmade goods. You’ll also have the chance to browse through Scott Market to see varieties of clothing, local handicrafts, and delicious food. Hone your international culinary skills with a local cooking class where you’ll learn techniques for preparing perfect Burmese cuisine at home.
You’ll also have chances to travel through Myanmar in unique ways. Hop in traditional horse cart and roll through the former royal capital of Inwa. Set sail for a delightfully romantic cruise along the Irrawaddy River at sunset. Travel by boat across Inle Lake to see the lush floating gardens and the famous Intha fishermen. If you wish, try the Balloons over Bagan extension tour. At sunrise, a hot air balloon lifts you high above the city to see stunning views of golden stupas that crown thousands of ancient pagodas.
A trip to Myanmar is not complete without diving into the local arts and crafts scenes. As you tour a lacquerware workshop in Myinkaba Village, you’ll see how eye-popping colors and intricate patterns make Burmese lacquer some of the most prized in all the world. Explore Inpawkhone weaving village and a traditional blacksmith shop. In Yangon, marvel at the Central Post Office’s striking colonial-style architecture. The Essential Myanmar tour also features performing arts in Myanmar. In Bagan, enjoy the splendor of a traditional marionette puppet show, complete with Burmese music.
Myanmar has so much to offer travelers with a curious and adventurous spirit! Discover this tour’s full list of Myanmar attractions and destinations in the detailed itinerary.
We require a $500 (USD) deposit per person to hold the space at the time of booking. The final, full payment is due 60 days prior to departure.
- English-speaking, skilled local guide at every destination from Day 2 to Day 9 (except during free time)
- Hand-picked deluxe accommodations
- Meet and greet w/transfers at Yangon Airport
- Airport transfers on departure
- All transport between destinations
- All internal flights
- Meals as stated in the itinerary
- Fresh water and towels during the tour
- Other inclusions as noted in the itinerary
- 9 breakfasts
- 6 lunches
- 7 dinners
Admission fees and activities
- All entrance, admission, and activity fees are included (unless otherwise stated in the itinerary).
What's NOT included
- Travel insurance
- Tourist visa (and visa processing fees)
- Transport between your home and airport
- Soft drinks and alcoholic beverages
- Personal expenses such as telephone, laundry bills, etc.
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Optional balloon tour over Bagan (October–March From $330/person)
- Airplane, car/taxi, tour bus, boat, walking, and other forms of local transport, as well as types of transport stated in your itinerary.
Arrival Departure Airports
- This tour begins in Yangon (Yangon International Airport (RGN)) and departs from Yangon (Yangon International Airport (RGN)).
- Vegetarian and/or special meals can typically be arranged. Please speak with an All Asia Tours representative for more information.
Meet and Greet
- Airport meet and greet services and airport-hotel transfers are included in this tour package.
Itinerary In Brief
- Day1 Arrival – Yangon
- Day2 Yangon – Mandalay Sightseeing Tour
- Day3 Mandalay – Amarapura/Ava/Sagaing Sightseeing
- Day4 Mandalay – Bagan Sightseeing Tour
- Day5 Pagodas & Temples around Bagan
- Day6 Bagan – Inle Lake Sightseeing Tour
- Day7 Cooking Class & Sightseeing around Inle Lake
- Day8 Inle Lake – Pindaya – Yangon
- Day9 Yangon Sightseeing Tour
- Day10 Yangon – Departure
Tour schedule and prices subject to change without notice
Toll-Free: 1-844-380-7494 (USA & CANADA)